Sunday, May 3, 2009

STICKY WICKET


I can see the idea behind a wiki, but PBWiki is now PBworks, PBWiki101 doesn't open (see 4 comments), I have to use html (are you serious!?!), and I can't seem to do anything but leave comments. Couldn't do anything on Rollyo (not apparent how to "sign in"). Added comment, but no photo... bummer.

Well, I think it's a great idea for ILL at our library... there are 4 of us, sometimes 5 of us, all involved with the running of the various borrowing, lending, messages, overdues, LORI requests, etc. It's nuts. In the old days of retail, we'd keep a notebook (yes, paper) at the cash register and if anyone had a comment or problem, they'd write it down. The problem was to get people to read it. I see the Wiki as a sort of message board for the 5 of us, so we're "all on the same page", so to speak. Emailing just doesn't work that well. I don't think an RSS feed is necessary, but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment