Saturday, May 2, 2009

OLLY OLLY OXINFREE (TAG YOU'RE IT)

For some unknown reason, organizing your bookmarks on DELICIOUS is called "social bookmarking" (?) and the tags become a folksonomy (the study of hippies). OK, I did join delicious and organized all my bookmarks on my home computer. I only have 80 or so (pared down from over 200... some of those must have been automatic; I'd never seen them before).
The word "tag" is from the longer work "metatag". I think. Well, I'm glad I organized them.

Didn't get the technorati thing. I'd have to be doing a LOT more blogging and be interested in a LOT more blogs, which I'm not. Sorry. But I DID finally find out what Web 2.0 means, as associated with 2.0 websites (always felt too stupid to ask). It's the second generation of web development and design, based on interaction and sharing. "2.0 refers to the historical context of web businesses coming back after the 2001 collapse of the dot.com bubble". Tim Berners-Lee, inventor the the www claims that many of the tech components (in 2.0) have been available since the earliest days of the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment